Rome: Rise and Fall of an Empire is a TV documentary series aired on the History channel in 2008.
The 13-episode series starts at the transition period of the Roman Republic to the Roman Empire in the 2nd century BC, and ends with the story of the last Western Roman emperor in the 5th century AD.
Outline of Series 01, Episode 08
In the beginning of the 3rd century, Rome is in crisis. Ravaged by civil war and foreign invasions, it now faces an even greater challenge in the new religion of Christianity.
Rome: The Rise and Fall of an Empire Series
- Episode 01: The First Barbarian War.
- Episode 02: Spartacus.
- Episode 03: Julius Caesar.
- Episode 04: The Forest of Death.
- Episode 05: The Invasion of Britain.
- Episode 06: The Dacian Wars.
- Episode 07: Rebellion and Betrayal.
- Episode 08: Wrath of the Gods.
- Episode 09: The Soldiers’ Emperor.
- Episode 10: Constantine.
- Episode 11: The Barbarian General.
- Episode 12: The Puppet Master.
- Episode 13: The Last Emperor.
Production & Filming Details
- Production: Gardner Films..
- Release Date: 08 September 2008 (UK).
- Running Time: 60 minutes.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.