The War of the Worlds is a 2019 three-part British mini-series drama produced by Mammoth Screen for the BBC and co-produced with Creasun Media and Red Square.
The series is an Edwardian period adaptation of the H.G. Wells’ 1898 science fiction novel of the same name, and is the first British television adaptation of Wells’ Martian invasion novel.
The War of the Worlds mini-series premiered in other countries first before it premiered on the BBC on 17 November 2019.
Outline of Series 01, Episode 02
George searches for Amy at home but is forcibly conscripted, while Amy and Fred realise their best option is the coast.
The War of the Worlds Series (2019)
The War of the Worlds Film, TV Series & Documentaries
You can find a full index here.
Production & Filming Details
- Director: Craig Viveiros.
- Producers: Damien Timmer, Preethi Mavahalli, Peter Harness, Craig Viveiros, Tommy Buflin, Minglu Ma, Jamie Brown, and Betsan Morris Evans.
- Writer: Peter Harness.
- Composer: Russ Davies.
- Production: Mammoth Screen and BBC.
- Distributor: ITV Studios Global Entertainment.
- Network: BBC One.
- Release Date: 24 November 2019.
- Running Time: 45 minutes.
- Country: UK.
- Language: English.