SEAL Team 8: Behind Enemy Lines is a 2014 American war film directed by Roel Reiné and starring Tom Sizemore.
It is the fourth instalment in the Behind Enemy Lines series.
The film was released on direct-to-video and Blu-ray on 01 April 2014.
While on an unsanctioned covert mission in Africa, a small team of Navy SEAL’s uncovers intelligence pointing to the imminent sale of a massive quantity of weapons grade uranium.
Now, with no mission prep and zero support, they have less than 36 hours to fight their way past a ruthless warlord’s army guarding this secret mining operation, hidden deep in the treacherous Congo, in order to secure the yellowcake and expose the unknown buyer.
As the story moves along, the asset that the SEAL team was asked to secure, turns out to be the warlord.
With three of the team members lost and one taken by the adversaries, Case fights his way into their nest to save his teammate and give the enemy a withering end.
Behind Enemy Lines Franchise
The film was followed by three direct-to-video sequels:
- Behind Enemy Lines (2001).
- Behind Enemy Lines II: Axis of Evil (2006).
- Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia (2009).
- Behind Enemy Lines: SEAL Team Eight (2014).
The third film was co-produced by WWE Studios. None of these sequels feature the cast and crew of the original.
- The film takes place in Congo and was shot in South Africa.
Production & Filming Details
- Director: Roel Reine.
- Producer: David Wicht.
- Story: Roel Reine.
- Screenplay: Shane Kuhn and Brendan Cowles.
- Music: Mark Kilian.
- Cinematography: Roel Reine.
- Editor: Radou Ion.
- Production: 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment.
- Distributor: 20th Century Fox.
- Release Date: 01 April 2014 (US).
- Running Time: 98 minutes.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.