‘Legion of Brothers’ tells the story of US Special Forces soldiers who played a key role in overthrowing Afghanistan’s ruling Taliban regime shortly after 9/11.
Immediately after the 9/11 attacks, fewer than 100 US Troops (Green Berets) were sent on a secret mission to overthrow the Taliban in a series of secret missions.
What happens next is equal parts war-origin story and cautionary tale, illuminating the impact of 15 years of constant combat.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Greg Barker.
- Producer(s): Greg Barker, John Battsek, Diane Becker, Peter Bergen, Alice Kate Bristow, Kerstin Emhoff, Amy Entelis, Tyler Gurd, Tresha Mabile, Vinnie Malhotra, Courtney Sexton, and Nicole Stott.
- Music: Philip Sheppard.
- Cinematography: Frank-Peter Lehmann.
- Editor(s): Robin Schwartz.
- Production: Bergen Mabile Productions, CNN Films, Passion Pictures, and Prettybird.
- Distributor(s): Gravitas Ventures.
- Release Date: 19 May 2017.
- Running Time: 79 minutes.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.