Journey’s End: The Saga of Star Trek: The Next Generation was a television documentary, first broadcast the week of 15 May 1994, before the Star Trek: The Next Generation Viewers Choice Marathon.
Your destination: the 24th century. Your mission: to voyage where few have gone before – behind the scenes of Star Trek: The Next Generation! Join Jonathan Frakes, Next Generation’s Commander William Riker, for this fascinating chronicle of Gene Roddenberry’s beloved, Emmy Award-winning series.
You will explore the Enterprise, meet the show’s stars (and some villainous guest stars), learn special-effects secrets and makeup magic, and finally get the answer to that nagging question, “Where is the bathroom on the Enterprise?” Other highlights include a visit to a Star Trek convention, and a stop at the scoring stage to watch Marina Sirtis (Lt. Commander Deanna Troi) lead the orchestra in a recording session.
This programme concludes with a special look at the series’ thrilling final episode (“All Good Things . . .”) and a sneak peak at the crew’s movie debut, Star Trek: Generations. So set a course for an adventure like no other.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Donald R. Beck.
- Producer(s): Donald R. Beck, Patricia Rose, and Stephen R. Wolcott.
- Writer(s): Stephen R. Wolcott.
- Editor(s): Dana Pandolfi.
- Production: Beck-Ola Productions and Paramount Pictures.
- Distributor(s): Paramount Pictures.
- Release Date: 21 May 1994.
- Running Time: 45 minutes.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.