Star Trek: The Original Series – The Roddenberry Vault showcases newly-located original footage cut from Star Trek: The Original Series, taken from film located in Gene Roddenberry’s personal archives, or rather those of Lincoln Enterprises.
Fifty years after the original Star Trek first arrived on television, is there anything about Gene Roddenberry’s space opera that hasn’t been uncovered? Plenty! On December 13, 2016 fans can experience Star Trek: The Original Series – The Roddenberry Vault, a newly produced multi-part documentary featuring footage from the cutting room floor, long preserved in film canisters by the Roddenberry Estate. The origins of the classic series are explored with new interviews featuring cast and production personnel combined with newly-found deleted scenes, alternate angles, outtakes, behind the scenes moments, and original visual effects elements to tell the definitive story on the making and enduring legacy of Gene Roddenberry’s creation.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Roger Lay Jr.
- Producer(s): Phil Bishop, Roger Lay Jr, Denise Okuda, Michael Okuda, Rod Roddenberry, Ken Ross, and Trevor Roth.
- Writer(s): Roger Lay Jr.
- Cinematography: Kris Edwards.
- Editor(s): Roger Lay Jr.
- Production: Lay-Carnagey Entertainment and Urban Archipelago Filmed Entertainment.
- Distributor(s): CBS Home Entertainment.
- Release Date: 05 December 2016 (UK).
- Running Time: 48 minutes.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.