William Shatner sits down with scientists, innovators and celebrities to discuss how the optimism of “Star Trek” influenced multiple generations.
Do we, as a society, have the capacity to live up to “Star Trek”‘s optimistic, inclusive vision for humanity’s future?
William Shatner takes us on a lyrical journey to find out whether art has imitated life in the years since the world-renowned “Star Trek” television series premiered in 1966, envisioning a promising and more hopeful future for the world.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): J. Craig Thompson.
- Producer(s): Katie Lafferty, Ryan Marley, Alex Ottier, Peter Raymont, William Shatner, and J. Craig Thompson.
- Writer(s): J. Craig Thompson.
- Cinematography: Curt Galindo.
- Editor(s): Decebal Dascau.
- Production: Ballinran Entertainment and White Pine Pictures.
- Distributor(s): Netflix and Content Media Corporation International.
- Release Date: 01 July 2017.
- Running Time: 86 minutes.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.