In 1974, the CIA hatches a secret plan to salvage a Soviet submarine which sank in the Pacific Ocean in 1968.
In 1968 the Soviet ballistic missile submarine K-129 sank in the Central North Pacific.
American intelligence located it within weeks of its demise.
The CIA crafted a secret programme to raise the submarine in 1974.
Now after much secrecy, this story can be told, by the men who made it happen and with never-before-seen footage of the actual salvage attempt, and new evidence of the project’s successes and failures.
Production & Filming Details
- Narrator(s): Nick Jackson.
- Director(s): Michael White.
- Producer(s): Sonja Englehorn and Michael White.
- Writer(s): Michael White.
- Music: Al Lethridge.
- Editor(s): Gerd D. Berner.
- Production: Michael White Films.
- Distributor(s): PBS.
- Release Date: 2010.
- Running Time: 105 minutes.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.