Universal Soldier III: Unfinished Business is a 1998 American made-for-television science fiction film directed by Jeff Woolnough and starring Matt Battaglia, Chandra West, Jeff Wincott, Richard McMillan, and Burt Reynolds.
It was produced (with Universal Soldier II: Brothers in Arms) as a miniseries for a potential TV series. Like Universal Soldier II: Brothers in Arms, none of the actors or crew of the original returned, but all the cast and crew from the first sequel are present.
In 1999, a theatrical sequel starring Jean-Claude Van Damme again, Universal Soldier: The Return, ignored the plotline of the two sequels.
It is the third film in the Universal Soldier Franchise.
Luc Devereaux (Matt Battaglia) and Veronica Roberts (Chandra West) continue their attempts to expose the Universal Soldier unit. After a hostage situation mistakenly leaves Veronica a fugitive, the two escape the city and go into hiding.
Meanwhile, CIA Deputy Director Mentor (Burt Reynolds) and Dr. Walker (Richard McMillan) are in the process of creating a powerful new Universal Soldier clone of Luc’s brother, Eric (Jeff Wincott), to assassinate him and Veronica.
- Matt Battaglia – Private Luc Deveraux.
- Jeff Wincott – Eric Deveraux.
- Burt Reynolds – Mentor.
- Chandra West – Veronica Roberts.
- Richard McMillan – Dr. Walker.
- Roger Periard – McNally.
- Juan Chioran – Charles Clifton.
- Claudette Roche – Grace.
- John F.S. Laing – Martin Daniels.
- Jovanni Sy – Max.
- Aron Tager – John Deveraux.
- James Kee – Jasper.
- Lloyd Adams – Hugo.
- Vince Corazza – Lowell.
- Gerry Mendicino – Chief Thorpe.
- Dan Duran – Freddie Smith.
- Thomas Hauff – General Clancy.
- John Stoneham Sr. – Sheriff.
- Philip Williams – Scully.
Universal Soldier Series
You can find a full index and overview of the Universal Soldier franchise here.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Jeff Woolnough.
- Producer(s): Kevin Gillis, Jojn Laing, and Robert Wertheimer.
- Writer(s): Peter M. Lenkov.
- Music: Ivan Doroschuk.
- Cinematography: Russ Goozee.
- Editor(s): Robert K. Sprogis.
- Production: Catlyst Entertainment Production.
- Distributor(s): Showtime Networks.
- Release Date: 24 October 1998.
- Running Time: 95 minutes.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.