Lancaster Skies is a 2019 British war film focusing on the British bomber campaign in World War II.
It is a homage to the British war films of the 1940’s and 1950’s.
1943: Angry and bereaved by the death of his younger brother, Flight Lieutenant Douglas Miller, a broken, solitary, Spitfire ace, who survived The Battle of Britain, transfers to Bomber Command, determined to take the war to the skies over Germany. On arriving at his new posting, he is given the unenviable task of replacing the much-loved skipper of an experienced Lancaster bomber crew, who was killed in action just days before. Struggling to bond with his new crew and obsessed with his desire to wage war at any cost, Miller must find a way to gain their trust and overcome his inner demons, to become the leader they so desperately need.
- Jeffrey Mundell as Douglas Miller.
- David Dobson as George Williams.
- Kris Saddler as Charlie Moore.
- Joanne Gale as Kate Hedges.
- Vin Hawke as Thomas Mayfield.
- Steven Hooper as James Parker.
- Henry Collie as Robert Murphy.
- Josh Collins as Henry Smith.
- Rosa Coduri as Jo.
- Tom Gordon as Alfie Hammond.
- Eric Flynn as Ron Miller.
- With the total budget for the film set at only £80k, the small production team knew that the visual element of the film was going to prove very challenging indeed.
- In keeping with the retro style of the film, scale models were used for the majority of the visual effects.
- Digital effects were deliberately kept to a bare minimum.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Callum Burn.
- Producer(s): Andrew Burn and Callum Burn.
- Writer(s): Andrew Burn, Callum Burn, and Sam Parsons.
- Music: James Griffiths.
- Cinematography: Sam Parsons.
- Editor(s): Callum Burn.
- Production: Tin Hat Productions.
- Distributor(s): Kaleidoscope Film Distribution.
- Release Date: 27 February 2019 (UK).
- Running time: 98 minutes.
- Country: UK.
- Language: English.