The Fourth Arm is a British television series produced by the BBC in 1983.
The twelve-part serial dealt with secret agents parachuted into occupied Europe during the Second World War, following their progress through initial recruitment and training, and finally their first mission in enemy territory.
The Fourth Arm was created and produced by Gerard Glaister, who had previously been at the helm of other World War II dramas such as Colditz and Secret Army.
The serial starred former Secret Army cast member Paul Shelley as Major Hugh Gallagher, essentially a reprise of his Secret Army character, Major Nick Bradley, in all but name.
The Fourth Arm Series
- Episode 01.
- Episode 02.
- Episode 03.
- Episode 04.
- Episode 05.
- Episode 06.
- Episode 07.
- Episode 08.
- Episode 09.
- Episode 10.
- Episode 11.
- Episode 12.
Production & Filming Details
- Creator(s): John Brason and Gerard Glaister.
- Director(s): Viktors Ritelism Nicholas Renton, Peter Duguid, and Andrew Morgan.
- Producer(s): Gerard Glaister.
- Writer(s): John Brason, Gerard Glaister, Brian Finch, Michael J. Bird, and Alfred Shaughnessy.
- Music: Michael Reed and Angela Richards.
- Editor(s): Graham Walker and Steve Eveleigh.
- Production: BBC.
- Original Network: BBC One.
- Release Date: 07 January 1983 to 25 March 1983.
- Running Time: 50 minutes (per episode).
- Rating: Unknown.
- Country: UK.
- Language: English.