Delete is a two-part miniseries about a reporter and a young hacker who uncovers an artificial intelligence which has become sentient. It has one goal. Self preservation. Humans are trying to destroy it. So it is ‘it’ or them.
Is is also known as System Meltdown (English European DVD title) and Cyber Attack (Alternative English European title).
Delete imagines a disaster in our all-too-fragile digital world where the Internet becomes dangerously self-aware with one systematic purpose, to protect itself and destroy mankind.
Faced with possible extinction, there is only one way out – create a second artificial intelligence, just as powerful, just as intelligent and just as dangerous, as the only possible solution able to combat it – but with governments in a panic and the whole world in chaos, are they even able to match this unprecedentant foe…?
- Keir Gilchrist as Daniel.
- Erin Karpluk as Jesse Taylor.
- Ryan Robbins as Agent Max Hollis.
- Gil Bellows as Lieutenant General Michael Overson.
- Matt Frewer as National Security Advisor Arthur Bowden.
- Janet Kidder as Deputy Director Elizabeth Hardington.
- Theresa Russell as Fiona.
- Blu Mankuma as General Cassius Giles, USAF.
- Andrew Airlie as Director Marcus Tremaine.
- Seth Green as Lucifer.
- Jaylee Hamidi as Keiko Watanabe (1 episode, 2013).
- Mike Azevedo as Pierre Garaneuf (1 episode, 2013).
- Mehdi Darvish as Plant Technician (1 episode, 2013).
- Graeme Duffy as Desmond Smith (1 episode, 2013).
- John Stewart as Train Conductor (1 episode, 2013).
- Alexander von Roon as Financial Reporter (1 episode, 2013).
Written and distributed by Sonar Entertainment of New York City, the series consists of two feature-length episodes. It was shot on location in Vancouver and produced by Vancouver-based Brightlight Pictures.
The series won two Leo Awards, from the Motion Picture Arts & Sciences Foundation of British Columbia, for Best Picture Editing and Best Television Movie.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Steve Barron.
- Producer(s): Steven Barron, Dan Clarke, Douglas G. Davis, Karyn Edwards, Rose Garnett, Jamie Goehring, Rebecca Nield, Christina O’Shea-Daly, Statten Roeg, Jonathan Shore, Jeffrey Scott Simmons, Jonathan Walker, Mary Anne Waterhouse, and Shawn Williamson.
- Writer(s): Joseph Mallozzi, Paul Mullie, and Tim Phillips.
- Music: Tim Phillips.
- Cinematography: Joel Ransom.
- Editor(s): Jamie Alain.
- Production: Brightlight Pictures and Riley Productions.
- Distributor(s): ReelzChannel (US).
- Release Date: 16 February 2013 (Sweden) and 19 August 2013 (US).
- Running Time: 2x 90 minutes (180 minutes total running time).
- Rating: TV-PG.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.