A Six Hour Series for The Discovery Channel that follows 80 candidates of Class 234 and their efforts to become US Navy SEALs. You WILL feel the pain after watching the physical and mental challenges these candidates are faced with.
The documentary follows the 83 men of class 234 as they begin six months of Basic Underwater Demolition SEAL (BUDS) training.
They have been selected from over 1,500 applicants and by the time they graduate, only thirty-two will remain to become US Navy SEALs.
This documentary series takes you behind a structured world of sacrifice designed to force students to the limits of their physical and emotional endurance.
From day one through to graduation, we will get to know the men of Class 234 and follow them as they are pushed to their limits to see who makes it through the most rigorous training course in the world.
Constantly followed around by a giant bell, the men simply need to ring the bell in order to declare defeat and exit the programme.
It is the most complex, demanding, and gruelling test of commitment ever devised by any commando force in existence and now you can go behind-the-scenes.
After 6-months of training only 25 students graduated, 17 of the original 83 and 8 roll-ins (students from previous classes).
Navy SEALs: BUDS Class 234 Series
- Episode 02: Welcome to BUDS.
- Episode 02: It Pays to Be a Winner.
- Episode 03: Two Weeks and a Long Day.
- Episode 04: Hellweek.
- Episode 05: The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday.
- Episode 06: The Homestretch.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Gordon Forbes III.
- Producer(s): Tom Brickner and Gordon Forbes III.
- Writer(s): Gordon Forbes III.
- Music: Craig Dobbin..
- Cinematography: Stuart Asbjornsen.
- Editor(s): Steve Swersky.
- Production: Pacific Coast Video.
- Distributor(s): Discovery Channel.
- Release Date: 15 October 2000.
- Running Time: 60 minutes (4 hour and 46 minutes total running time; 6 hours with adverts).
- Rating: Unknown.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.