Invasion is a 1997 miniseries based on the novel of the same name by Robin Cook. It starred Luke Perry, Kim Cattrall and Rebecca Gayheart.
Small rocks fall from the sky which, when touched, trigger a latent virus that has always existed in humans and begins mutating them into an alien species. Taking advantage of its hive mentality, the aliens are absolutely dedicated to transforming every human on Earth and do so with alarming swiftness. Only a small group of remaining humans have the medical knowledge to devise antibodies to reverse the effects of the virus.
- Luke Perry … Beau Stark.
- Kim Cattrall … Dr. Sheila Moran.
- Rebecca Gayheart … Cassy Winthrope.
- Christopher Orr … Pitt Henderson.
- Jon Polito … Detective Kemper.
- Neal McDonough … Randy North.
- Rosanna DeSoto … Nancy Ochoa.
- Cástulo Guerra … Eugene Ochoa.
- Michael Warren … Dr. Harlan McCoy.
- Chuck McCann … chairman of health committee.
- Tim DeKay … Mike Landry.
- Jason Schombing … Assistant Detective.
- John Finn … Colonel Brown (non credited).
- Saturn Award:
- Saturn Award for best TV series 1998.
- ALMA Awards:
- Motion Picture Sound Editors.
- Best Sound Editing in a TV movie 1998.
Originally aired as two episodes, but you can find it on Amazon as three episodes.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Armand Mastroianni.
- Producer(s): Frank von Zerneck, Robert M. Sertner, Stacy Mandelberg, Jeffrey Morton, Randy Sutter, Richard Arredondo, Ted Babcock, Peter Sadowski, and Cyd LeVin.
- Writer(s): Robin Cook (novella) and Rockne S. O’Bannon (teleplay).
- Music: Don Davis.
- Cinematography: Bryan England.
- Editor(s): Scott Vickrey.
- Production: Hallmark Entertainment and Von Zerneck Sertner Films.
- Distributor(s): NBC and Artisan Entertainment.
- Original Network: NBC.
- Release Date: 04 May 1997 to 05 May 1997.
- Running Time: 175 minutes (total running time).
- Rating: TV-14.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.