Documentary series with unprecedented behind the scenes access to the The Royal Marines Training Programme. The toughest basic training of any Armed Forces, in the world! 32 weeks to turn raw recruits into the best soldiers in the world! And the first two weeks are among the toughest. YES CORPORAL!
The eight-part documentary series presents unprecedented access to perhaps the most arduous basic military training programme in the world. The Royal Marines’ Commando Training Centre in Devon puts recruits through a 32-week programme that tests physical and mental breaking points. In fact, more than a third of entrants either fail or voluntarily withdraw. The series captures the challenges and extreme rigours of training as well as the warmth, humour and camaraderie that flourish among new recruits drawn from every corner of Britain and beyond.
Royal Marines Commando School Series
- Episode 01: Shock of Capture.
- Episode 02: Quick Fire.
- Episode 03: The Gym Test.
- Episode 04: Crash Week.
- Episode 05: Phase Two.
- Episode 06: Fight or Flight.
- Episode 07: The Commando Tests.
- Episode 08: To Your Duties.
Production & Filming Details
- Jonnie Kinder … (2 episodes, 2014).
- Reva Childs … (1 episode, 2014).
- Simon McMahon … (1 episode, 2014).
- Owen Thomas … (1 episode, 2014).
- Release Date: 14 July 2014.
- Distributor(s): Channel 4.
- Running Time: 60 minutes.
- Rating: PG.
- Country: UK.
- Language: English.