Chrome and Hot Leather is a 1971 American action revenge film about Green Berets vs. bikers with touches of comedy.
It is one of two films to feature singer Marvin Gaye in an acting role, the other being the 1969 film The Ballad of Andy Crocker.
When the fiancée of a US Special Forces Vietnam Veteran sergeant is killed by bikers, he and three fellow Green Berets ride out for revenge.
- William Smith as T.J.
- Tony Young as Mitch.
- Michael Haynes as Casey.
- Peter Brown as Al.
- Marvin Gaye as Jim.
- Michael Stearns as Hank.
- Larry Bishop as Gabe.
- Kathrine Baumann as Susan (as Kathy Baumann).
- Wes Bishop as Sheriff Lewis.
- Herb Jeffries as Ned.
- Bobby Pickett as Sweet Willy (as Bob Pickett).
- George E. Carey as Lieutenant Reardon (as George Carey).
- Cheryl Ladd as Kathy.
- Dan Haggerty as Bearded Biker.
- Erik Estrada (uncredited).
- Ann Marie as Helen.
- Robert Ridgely as Sergeant Mack.
- Lee Frost as Motorcycle Salesman.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Lee Frost.
- Producer(s): Wes Bishop.
- Michael Haynes … (story by) (as Michael Allen Haynes).
- David Neibel … (story by).
- Michael Haynes … (screenplay) (as Michael Allen Haynes).
- David Neibel … (screenplay).
- Don Tait … (screenplay by).
- Music: Porter Jordan.
- Cinematography: Lee Frost.
- Editor(s): Paul LaMastra (as Alfonso P. LaMastra) and Edward Schryver.
- Production: Wes Bishop-Lee Frost Production.
- Distributor(s): American international Pictures.
- Release Date: 29 September 1971.
- Running Time: 91 minutes.
- Rating: 15.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.