The Medic (French: Le Toubib) is a 1979 French film directed by Pierre Granier-Deferre, adapted from the novel Harmonie ou les horreurs de la guerre by Jean Freustié.
The film is set during World War Three (portrayed as taking place in 1983) as battles take place between Eastern and Western forces.
Behind the battle lines, in a medical unit, a surgeon falls in love with an idealistic nurse after an initially difficult meeting.
- Alain Delon as Jean-Marie Desprée.
- Véronique Jannot as Harmony.
- Bernard Giraudeau as François.
- Francine Bergé as Marcia.
- Michel Auclair as Le patron.
- Catherine Lachens as Zoa.
- Bernard Le Coq as Gérôme.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Pierre Granier-Deferre.
- Alain Delon … producer.
- Sylvio Tabet … associate producer.
- Alain Terzian … producer.
- Jean Freustié … (novel).
- Pierre Granier-Deferre … (writer).
- Pascal Jardin … (dialogue).
- Music: Philippe Sarde.
- Cinematography: Claude Rneoir.
- Editor(s): Jean Ravel.
- Production: Adel Productions, ECTA Filmproduktion, France 2 (FR2) (as Antenne-2), and Les Films 21.
- Sociedade Importadora de Filmes (SIF) (1981) (Portugal) (theatrical).
- Titanus (1980) (Italy) (theatrical).
- Constantin Video (West Germany) (VHS).
- Home Video Hellas (HVH) (1987) (Greece) (VHS).
- Universum Film (UFA) (2005) (Germany) (DVD).
- Release Date: 27 October 1979.
- Running Time: 90 minutes.
- Rating: Unknown.
- Country: France and West Germany.
- Language: French.