Beyond the Border (Swedish: Gränsen) is a 2011 Swedish war film directed by Richard Holm with André Sjöberg, Antti Reini and Bjørn Sundquist in the main roles.
In 1942 in the Swedish province of Värmland bordering Nazi-occupied Norway, a group of Swedish soldiers leave their post at a check-point in neutral Sweden, and ends up on the wrong side of the border. One soldier is killed and another captured by the Germans, and a rescue operation is underway. However, a Swedish colonel sends out an execution squad to eliminate the lost soldiers and their rescuers, in order to cover up the mistake. The lost Swedish soldiers now suddenly face two different enemies on their way home across the border.
- André Sjöberg as First Leiutenant Aron Stenström.
- Antti Reini as Corporal Wille Järvinen.
- Bjørn Sundquist as Egil.
- Johan Hedenberg as Major Adolfsson.
- Marie Robertson as Karin Lindström.
- Martin Wallström as Private Sven Stenström.
- Rasmus Troedsson as Captain Keller.
- Jens Hultén as Private Hagman.
- Henrik Norlén as Private Wicksell.
- Jonas Karlström as Private Bergström.
- Anders Nordahl as Axel Halvars.
- Andreas Zetterberg as Private Johansson.
- Donald Högberg as Colonel Dunér.
- Ingmar Robertson as Fu. Ekberg.
- Susanne Thorson as Kaeja.
- Jörgen Einar as Private Olsson.
- Robert Follin as Uno Larsson.
- Jan Vilagos as German Groupleader.
- Henrik Johansson as German Torturer.
- Anton Damperud as Soldier.
- Mathias Alstadsäter as Soldier.
- Christer Broström as Soldier.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Richard Holm.
- Producer(s): Johnny Steen and Andre Sjoberg.
- Writer(s): Johnny Stten and Andre Sjoberg.
- Music: Anton Sten and Henrik Lindstrom.
- Distributor(s): Searock Films AB.
- Release Date: 28 January 2011.
- Running Time: 122 minutes.
- Rating: Unknown.
- Country: Sweden.
- Language: Swedish, German, Norwegian, and Finnish.