Midnight Eagle (ミッドナイト・イーグル, Middonaito Iiguru) is a 2007 action film directed by Izuru Narushima and written by Yasuo Hasegawa and Kenzaburo Iida, based on the novel by Tetsuo Takashima.
Midnight Eagle is the third film directed by Izuru Narushima.
A top secret American strategic bomber known as “Midnight Eagle” suddenly vanishes in the Japanese Hida Mountains.
- Takao Osawa as Yuji Nishizaki.
- Yūko Takeuchi as Keiko Arisawa.
- Hiroshi Tamaki as Shinichiro Ochiai.
- A-Saku Yoshida as Major Akihiko Saeki.
- Yoshihiko Hakamada as Toshimitsu Fuyuki.
- Nao Ōmori as Major Kensuke Saito.
- Ken Ishiguro as Tadao Miyata.
- Tatsuya Fuji as Prime Minister Watarase.
Executive producers were Keiji Kameyama, Kazutaka Akimoto, Yasuhide Uno, Riki Takano, and Kanjiro Sakura. Producers were Michihiko Umezawa, Masakazu Yoda, Teruo Noguchi, Tomiyasu Moriya, and Kei Fujiki. The film was shot with the full cooperation of the Japan Ground Self Defense Force, Japan Air Self-Defence Force, and Ministry of Defence. Mountaineer Hirofumi Konishi was the special advisor for the scenes set in the Northern Alps. Before shooting started, the crew of the film was given training in snow-covered mountains. Midnight Eagle was the first mountain film set in Japan since The Precipice in 1958.
The film received mixed reviews by Western critics.
The film opened in the United States on 02 October 2007 in Los Angeles. It was also shown 20 October 2007 at the Tokyo International Film Festival. The film opened in limited release in the United States in New York City on 23 November 2007, and opened in Los Angeles on 07 December 2007.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Izuru Narushima.
- Writer(s): Yasuo Hasegawa and Kenzaburo Lida.
- Music: Takeshi Kobayashi.
- Cinematography: Hideo Yamamoto.
- Editor(s): William M. Anderson.
- Distributor(s): Shochiku Company, Shochiku Eizo Company, Universal Pictures, and Strand Releasing.
- Release Date: 02 October 2007 (US).
- Running Time: 92 minutes.
- Rating: 18.
- Country: Japan.
- Language: Japanese.