Morocco: Love in Times of War (original Spanish title: Tiempos de guerra) is a war drama set primarily in 1920s Melilla, a Spanish city located in North Africa.
Occurring during the Rif War, the series revolves around a group of nurses from Madrid, Spain who are sent to Morocco by Queen Victoria Eugenia to open a hospital in the war torn region of North Africa. The nurses learn first-hand the cruelty of war, but still find time for romance.
The series debuted in 2017 on Antena 3 and in 2018 on Netflix.
In 1921, Morocco is being ravaged by the events of the Rif War. The Riffian resistance in the country has killed many soldiers of the Spanish Army. To remedy this, Queen Victoria Eugenie agrees to send a group of nurses from the Spanish Red Cross to Melilla in order to establish a hospital. This group of nurses is led by the Duchess of Victoria, María del Carmen Angoloti y Mesa, and is made up of members of Spain’s upper class.
The group arrives in Melilla, and set up a hospital in an old school. It is not long before they are put into action. Despite all the injuries and casualties, these nurses have not lost hope and still find time to seek romance from the soldiers and doctors that they are surrounded by. Eventually it is agreed upon that more lives can be saved out on the front lines before injured soldiers are even brought into the hospital. None of these nurses are combat trained, but some of them will now have to figure out how to stay alive on the front lines.
- Alicia Borrachero as María del Carmen Angoloti y Mesa. Duchess of Victoria.
- Amaia Salamanca as Julia Ballester.
- Álex García as Dr. Fidel Calderón.
- Anna Moliner as Magdalena Medina.
- Verónica Sánchez as Pilar Muñiz de Soraluce.
- Cristóbal Suárez as Dr. Luis Garcés.
- José Sacristán as Cnel. Vicente Ruiz-Márquez.
- Álex Gadea as Lieutenant Andrés Pereda.
- Silvia Alonso as Susana Márquez de la Maza.
- Daniel Lundh as Larbi Al Hamza.
- Alicia Rubio as Verónica Montellano.
- Nuria Herrero as Raquel Fuentes.
- Federico Pérez Rey as Dr. Guillermo Sanesteban.
- Cuca Escribano as Queen Victoria Eugenia (6 episodes).
- Marcel Borràs as Pedro Ballester.
Morocco: Love in Times of War Series
- Episode 01: Destino: Africa.
- Episode 02: Todos son heroes.
- Episode 03: Promesa de salvacion.
- Episode 04: Querida Julia.
- Episode 05: El rescate.
- Episode 06: Le reina enfermera.
- Episode 07: El desquite.
- Episode 08: Los que nunca se rinden.
- Episode 09: El ultimo adios.
- Episode 10: El compromiso.
- Episode 11: La verdad por delante.
- Episode 12: Solo tenemos un vida.
- Episode 13: Los canones del Gurugu.
Production & Filming Details
- Manuel Gómez Pereira … (6 episodes, 2017).
- David Pinillos … (5 episodes, 2017).
- Eduardo Chapero-Jackson … (2 episodes, 2017).
- Ramón Campos … executive producer (13 episodes, 2017).
- Teresa Fernández-Valdés … executive producer (13 episodes, 2017).
- Pedro García Caja … delegate producer: Antena 3 (13 episodes, 2017).
- Christian Gockel … associate producer (13 episodes, 2017).
- Sonia Martínez … executive producer: Atresmedia (13 episodes, 2017).
- Aaron Garcia Sampedro … assistant producer (7 episodes, 2017).
- Ramón Campos … (13 episodes, 2017).
- Teresa Fernández-Valdés … (original idea) (13 episodes, 2017).
- Carlos López … (13 episodes, 2017).
- Gema R. Neira … (original idea) (13 episodes, 2017).
- Estíbaliz Burgaleta … (12 episodes, 2017).
- Nacho Pérez de la Paz … (12 episodes, 2017).
- Miguel Ángel Fernández … (7 episodes, 2017).
- Daniel Martín Serrano … (6 episodes, 2017).
- Federico Jusid … (13 episodes, 2017).
- Gonzalo F. Berridi … (7 episodes, 2017).
- Teo Delgado … (5 episodes, 2017).
- Aitor Mantxola … (5 episodes, 2017).
- Óscar Durán … (4 episodes, 2017).
- Fidel Collados … (6 episodes, 2017).
- Alfonso Regueiro … (5 episodes, 2017).
- Julia Juanatey … (2 episodes, 2017).
- Atresmedia Televisión.
- Bambú Producciones.
- Beta Film.
- Antena 3 Televisión (2017) (Spain) (all media).
- Beta Film (2017) (World-wide) (all media).
- Netflix (2018) (Singapore) (video).
- Sat.1 Emotions (2020) (Germany) (TV).
- Yleisradio (YLE) (2020) (Finland) (TV).
- Release Date: 20 September 2017 to 20 December 2017.
- Running Time: 70 minutes.
- Rating: Unknown.
- Country: Spain.
- Language: Spanish and English (subtitles).