Kill Squad is a 1982 American martial arts action film written and directed by Patrick G. Donahue and starring Jean Glaudé and Cameron Mitchell.
Also known as Code of Honour (US video title).
After a home invasion leaves Joseph Lawrence in a wheelchair and his wife dead, Joseph asks his friend Larry to assemble the other 5 members of their old squad to help him track down the criminals. A flashback reveals Joseph, Larry, and the five other members of the squad were prisoners of war in the Vietnam War. Joseph earned the loyalty of the unit by stepping on a land mine while the others escaped.
Since the end of the war, the members of the squad have gone their separate ways but when Larry tells each one that “Joseph needs them,” they each immediately agree to help their friend. After they assemble and show their skills, Larry informs the team that a rival electronics company owner by the name of Dutch may be responsible for the attack on Joseph.
As the squad attempts to track down Dutch, a sniper mysteriously appearing and kills them one by one until Larry and Joseph are the only squad members left. Larry finally learns where Dutch but when confronted, Dutch is accidentally killed by one of his house guests.
Upon returning to Joseph’s house, the mysterious masked sniper appears. As Larry takes on the sniper, the horrible truth is revealed: Joseph was the mastermind of his own attack. Joseph explains that he resented the squad for his losing his leg in the land mine explosion and that his wife was the owner of the business. Joseph planned the murder of his wife to gain control of the business and faked being paralysed to lure his squad makes back for revenge.
Joseph attacks Larry with an axe but Larry dodges, leaving the axe embedded in a fence. Larry then accidentally kicks Joseph into the axe which kills him.
- Cameron Mitchell as Dutch.
- Jean Glaudé as Larry Pearson.
- Jeff Risk as Joseph Lawrence.
- Jerry Johnson as K.C.
- Francisco Ramírez as Pete.
- Bill Cambra as Alan.
- Gary Fung as Tommy.
- Marc Sabin as Arthur.
- Alan Marcus as Jessie James.
- Sean P. Donahue as Billy.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Patrick G. Donahue.
- Patrick G. Donahue … producer.
- Michael D. Lee … producer.
- Dewitt Ladd Rucker … executive producer (as Ladd Ruckner).
- Maurice Solkov … associate producer.
- Writer(s): Patrick G. Donahue.
- Music: Joseph Conlan.
- Cinematography: Christopher W. Strattan.
- Editor(s): Richard C. Mann and Rick Yacco.
- Donahue Productions.
- Summa Vista Pictures.
- Summa Vista Pictures (1982) (USA) (theatrical).
- Roadshow Films (1982) (Australia) (theatrical).
- Les Films du Commodore (1982) (France) (theatrical).
- Apollo-Film GmbH (1982) (West Germany) (theatrical).
- ABC Media (1987) (Norway) (VHS) (distributed by).
- American Video (1988) (USA) (VHS) (as ‘Code of Honour’).
- Ariel International Releasing Video (AIR) (1988) (USA) (VHS).
- Breien Film (1987) (Norway) (VHS).
- Edde Entertainment (1992) (USA) (VHS).
- Gemstone Entertainment (1996) (USA) (VHS).
- Harmonyvision (1982) (USA) (VHS).
- Roadshow Home Video (1983) (Australia) (VHS).
- Starlight (1982) (West Germany) (VHS).
- Turbine Medien (2019) (Germany) (Blu-ray) (DVD).
- Turbine Medien (2019) (Germany) (DVD).
- Vestron Video (1982) (USA) (VHS) (distributed by).
- Video Instant Picture Company (VIPCO) (1982) (UK) (VHS).
- Release Date: June 1982 (US).
- Running Time: 85 minutes.
- Rating: Unknown.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.