Hell or Tide Water is a feature film that takes place deep beneath the waves of a fjord which runs inland from the coast of British Columbia.
Also styled Hell, or Tidewater.
Set in the near future, Hell, or Tidewater is a thrill a minute underwater submarine action/sci-fi film told through the eyes of Lieutenant Commander Allan Parker, a 40 something Sea Dog with a chip on his shoulder. The action surrounds the controversial Canadian energy industry and their longing to bring a pipeline to Tidewater. In Hell, or Tidewater this long-time dream has come true but there’s a twist; once the oil makes it the shores of BC it is not being transported by traditional Tanker but by giant submarines called S.U.L.C.C.s or Submersible Ultra Large Crude Carriers. Things start to get interesting when a camera crew shows up to film an episode of Humongous Boats (a fictional version of the popular show Mighty Ships) and encounter more than just the run of the mill giant ship overview they were hoping to film. Turns out the Russians view the Canadian enterprise as a threat to their energy hegemony in the east and they dispatch their submarine fleet to reign the Canadians in.
- Bobes Badeau … Don Sheppard.
- Mark Bane … Lieutenant Commander Allan Parker.
- Alex Barborini … Medicine Woman.
- Shawna Barrie … Lieutenant Cara Sheddon.
- Tony Bifano … L-Rock.
- Victor Bohm … Hans Steinrech.
- John Craig … Ed Brockelman.
- Michelle Dupreez … Kitty Carlson.
- James Ferris … Lieutenant Commander Bernard Orlebar.
- Mike Gravina … Fedor Salishnagkov.
- David Hinkley … Jerry Mack.
- Michelle Kathleen … Lieutenant Debbie Argento.
- Julia Kollek … LRC 04 ‘Larissa’.
- Matthew David Lupal … Lieutenant Bonwick.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Scott C. Newman.
- Victor Bohm … executive producer.
- Scott C. Newman … producer.
- Writer(s): Scott C. Newman.
- Cinematography: Nelson Rogers.
- Production: White Dwarf Pictures.
- Release Date: 01 June 2020 (Canada) and 20 September 2020 (US).
- Running Time: Unknown.
- Rating: Unknown.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.