Berga: Soldiers of Another War reveals the untold story of 350 American prisoners of war caught in the tragedy of the Holocaust.
Story of a group of more than 300 American soldiers who were captured by the Germans during the Battle of the Bulge. Because the soldiers were either Jewish or, to the Germans, “looked” Jewish, they were sent to concentration camps instead of prisoner of war (POW) camps, where many of them subsequently died. Director Charles Guggenheim, who is Jewish, was himself a member of the unit that was captured, but an illness he contracted before the unit left for the front lines caused him to be left behind, and he was not with them when the Nazis captured them.
Production & Filming Details
- Charles Guggenhiem.
- Daniel Friedrichs … field producer: Germany.
- Charles Guggenheim … producer.
- Grace Guggenheim … producer.
- Kirsty Malcolm … field producer: Germany.
- Ali Oshinsky … associate producer.
- Evelyn Wenzel … field producer: Germany.
- Chrles Guggenhiem.
- Michael Bacon.
- Erich Roland.
- Derek Britt.
- Anny Lowery Meza.
- Guggenheim Productions.
- WNET Channel 13 New York.
- Guggenheim Productions (2003) (USA) (TV).
- Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) (all media).
- Release Date: 28 May 2003 (US).
- Running Time: 96 minutes.
- Rating: Unknown.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.