Channel 5 documentary ‘Warship: Life at Sea’ documents everyday life on board the Royal Navy’s Type 45 Destroyer HMS Duncan, one of the most advanced warships in the world.
Linked to Warship: Life Below Deck (see below).
Revealing documentary series about the Royal Navy destroyer HMS Duncan, following life on board for her crew of two hundred and eighty.
Warship: Life at Sea Series 01
Warship: Life at Sea documents the everyday life on board HMS Duncan, one of the most advanced warships in the world. With unprecedented access to the Royal Navy’s £1billion Type 45 Destroyer over a seven month-period, our cameras capture the most dramatic moments in the ship’s short history. This 4-part series follows the ups and downs of Duncan’s crew and reveals their lives on the ship in intimate detail, as these 280 men and women, including their female captain, find themselves at the centre of some of the most sensitive military operations in recent years.
Warship: Life at Sea Series 02
Series 2 follows HMS Duncan on her most dramatic mission yet as they are sent to the two of the world’s most dangerous regions. Their mission: to spend two months conducting anti-Isis campaigns off the coast of Syria. However, as in series 1, international events lead HMS Duncan into uncharted waters as they are called into action at the frontline as tensions with Iran reach unprecedented levels.
Warship: Life Below Deck Series 01
Documenting the lives of the crew onboard the Royal Navy destroyer NHS Duncan.
Warship: Life at Sea Series 03
Series 3 reveals what the daily life is like on board HMS Northumberland, one of the most advanced warships in the Royal Navy. With unprecedented access to the Type 23 Frigate and its crew of over 200 people, we reveal what it means to live and work at sea for months at a time – as far North as the Arctic Circle – and follow the crew as they battle a threat from Russian warship sand nuclear submarines surrounding the UK in an attempt to overwhelm the Royal Navy.
Warship Life at Sea Series
- Warship: Life at Sea, Series 03 (?2021):
- Episode 01.
- Episode 02.
- Episode 03.
- Episode 04.
- Episode 05.
- The film crew were on-board the Royal Navy Type 45 destroyer HMS Duncan for seven months filming the four-part first series of this documentary series.
Production & Filming Details
- Loz Guest (Series 01).
- Mark Tattersall (Series 02).
- Rebecca Allan … (8 episodes, 2018-2020).
- Paul Wells … (4 episodes, 2018).
- Anna Keel … (3 episodes, 2020).
- Matt Fisher … (2 episodes, 2020).
- Rebecca Allan … producer (9 episodes, 2018-2020).
- Mark Tattersall … executive producer (9 episodes, 2018-2020).
- Nicola Bathurst … series producer (5 episodes, 2020).
- Helen Littleboy … executive producer (5 episodes, 2020).
- Julian Mercer … executive producer (4 episodes, 2018).
- Simon Phillips … series producer (4 episodes, 2018).
- Tim Usborne … edit producer (2 episodes, 2020).
- Antonia Hinds … edit producer (1 episode, 2020).
- Jim Page … (4 episodes, 2018).
- Nigel Warbrick … (2 episodes, 2018).
- Trace Taylor … (2 episodes, 2020).
- Mark Hoxley … (1 episode, 2018).
- Ian Stroud … (1 episode, 2018).
- Simon Battersby … (1 episode, 2020).
- Niels Bellinger … (1 episode, 2020).
- Matthew Huxford … (1 episode, 2020).
- James Kemp … (1 episode, 2020).
- Dave Pearson … (1 episode, 2020).
- Dominic Staveacre … (1 episode, 2020).
- Art Lab Films (as artlab films).
- Channel 5 Television (for).
- Channel 5 Television (2018) (UK) (TV).
- My5 (2018) (UK) (video) (VOD).
- Channel 5 Broadcasting (2018) (UK) (all media).
- Release Date:
- Life at Sea: Series 01: 26 November 2018 to 17 December 2018.
- Life at Sea: Series 02: 10 February 2020 to 09 March 2020.
- Life Below Deck: Series 01: 18 June 2020 to 25 June 2020.
- Life at Sea: Series 03: ?2021.
- Running time: 60 minutes.
- Rating: U-15.
- Country: UK.
- Language: English.