The Taste of Violence (Le goût de la violence) is a 1961 western by director Robert Hossein.
This European “western” by Robert Hossein (scripter, director, and lead) is set in an unnamed Latin American country suffering under a dictator. A revolution is underway, or at least there is a strong guerrilla movement here. The leader of the guerrillas manages to capture the daughter of the dictator, and then, has to take her as a captive back to the revolutionary forces’ base. Along the way…
Production & Filming Details
- Robert Hossein.
- Walter Ulbrich … line producer.
- Robert Hossein … (screenplay).
- Louis Martin … (screenplay).
- Claude Desailly … (screenplay).
- Walter Ulbrich … (screenplay).
- Robert Hossein … (dialogue).
- Jules Roy … (dialogue).
- Andre Hossein.
- Jacques Robin.
- Borys Lewin.
- Continental Produzione.
- Franco London Films.
- Société Nouvelle des Établissements Gaumont (SNEG).
- Universum Film (UFA).
- Gaumont (1961) (France) (theatrical).
- UFA Film Hansa (1961) (West Germany) (theatrical).
- Release Date: 11 August 1961 (West Germany).
- Running Time: 81 minutes.
- Rating: 16+.
- Country: UK.
- Language: English.