Under Heavy Fire, also known as Going Back, is a 2001 American feature war film directed by Sidney J. Furie and starring Casper Van Dien, Jaimz Woolvett, Bobby Hosea, Joseph Griffin, Carre Otis, Kenneth Johnson, Daniel Kash, Martin Kove.
Twenty-five years since the Vietnam War ended, a group of American veterans return to Vietnam and meet up with TV journalist Kathleen Martin (played by Carre Otis), who is assigned to cover the reunion of the men from Echo Company, a Marine Rifle Company, who fought in the Vietnam War. Soon, they are joined by their old Captain named Ramsey (played by Casper Van Dien), and they revisit the old battlefields they fought in and experience flashbacks of their time in the war during 1968. The film explores many of the wounds war inflicts on soldiers that last for a lifetime. It also portrays the Vietnamese today as a very forgiving people.
- Casper Van Dien as Captain Ramsey.
- Jaimz Woolvett as Tex.
- Bobby Hosea as Ray.
- Joseph Griffin as Red Fuentes.
- Kenny Johnson as Jimmy Joe.
- Carré Otis as Kathleen.
- Daniel Kash as Eric.
- Martin Kove as Father Brazinski.
- Austin Farwell as Doc Jordan.
- Jason Blicker as Fred.
- Jim Morse as Gunny Bailey.
- Deborah Zoe as Irene.
- Pablo Espinosa as Chico.
- It was filmed under the title Going Back in the Philippines and Vietnam in April and May 2000.
- Post-production continued in Canada for another 14 months.
Production & Filming Details
- Sidney J. Furie.
- Harel Goldstein … executive producer.
- Gary Howsam … producer.
- Lope V. Juban Jr. … producer: Philippines.
- Richard O’Brien-Moran … line producer.
- Lewin Webb … co-producer.
- Sidney J. Furie.
- Greg Mellott.
- Amin Bhatia.
- Curtis Petersen.
- Saul Pincus.
- GFT Entertainment.
- Hilltop Entertainment (Non-US) (all media).
- M.I.B. (all media).
- Screen Media Films (2003) (USA) (video).
- Release Date: 10 November 2001 (Foyle International Film Festival).
- Running Time: 113 minutes.
- Rating: 15.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.