Into the Darkness (Danish: De forbandede år) is 2020 drama war film by director Anders Refn in which a wealthy clan is ripped apart after choosing several different sides in WWII.
Denmark, 09 April 1940. Danish industrialist (portrayed by Jesper Christensen of James Bond fame), cooperates and profits from the German occupation of Denmark while his family finds themselves on opposite sides of the conflict.
- Jesper Christensen … Karl Skov.
- Bodil Jørgensen … Eva Skov.
- Mads Reuther … Aksel Skov.
- Gustav Dyekjær Giese … Michael.
- Sara Viktoria Bjerregaard … Helene Skov.
- Lue Dittmann Støvelbæk … Knud Skov.
- Sylvester Byder … Valdemar Skov.
- Denmark and Norway were invaded on the same day; 09 April 1940.
- Jesper Christensen, who plays Karl Skov in this film about the invasion of Denmark, portrayed King Haakon VII in “The King’s Choice” which centred around the German invasion of Norway.
- HMS Royal Oak was sunk in Scapa Flow by U47, and was a Battleship and not a Carrier.
Production & Filming Details
- Anders Refn.
- Lene Børglum … producer.
- Jacob Clemmensen … post producer.
- Sandra Foss … line producer.
- Håvard Wettland Gossé … co-producer.
- Flemming Quist Møller.
- Anders Refn.
- Nikolaj Hess.
- Claus Sisseck.
- Morton Soborg.
- Michael Aaglund.
- Space Rocket Nation.
- Spætt Film (co-production).
- Vulkan Film.
- Odin’s Eye Entertainment (2020) (World-wide) (all media) (Sales Agent).
- Great Movies Distribution (2021) (Brazil) (video) (SVOD).
- Samuel Goldwyn Films (USA) (video).
- Release Date: 09 January 2020 (Denmark).
- Rating: 15.
- Running Time: 152 minutes.
- Country: Denmark.
- Language: Danish and English.