“Forget about Returning” (О возвращении забыть or O vozvrashchenii zabyt) is a Soviet military-historical dramatic feature film directed by Vasile Brescanu, filmed according to a script by Alexander Moldavsky at the Moldova Film studio in 1985 .
Port of Danzig, late 1944 during World War II .
Anton Vasilyevich Isaev, the commander of the Soviet submarine “S-31”, which received serious damage during the battles and requires urgent repair, is tasked with finding and attacking a large military transport of the enemy “Tyrol”. The German ship is heading from Danzig to Kiel with selected SS units and seventy naval crews on board .
After a hard pursuit, the commander makes the only correct decision: under cover of night darkness, the boat floats up and, on the surface from the coast, approaches the target with navigation lights at a shot distance and successfully attacks Tyrol with four torpedoes in front of the bewildered commander of the German guard destroyer …
- Alexander Filippenko – Anton Vasilyevich Isaev, commander of the Soviet submarine “S-31” (prototype – Captain 3rd Rank Alexander Ivanovich Marinesko ; the role was voiced by Sergei Shakurov).
- Andrey Grinevich – navigator of the submarine “S-31”.
- Gennady Chulkov – Panteleevich, boatswain of the submarine “S-31”, party organiser.
- Vyacheslav Madan – Furnike.
- Alexander Pashutin – Sergei Mashura, crew member of the submarine “S-31”.
- Alexander Tonkoshkur – mechanic, crew member of the submarine “S-31”.
- Sergey Balabanov – Zubkov, sailor, crew member of the submarine “S-31”.
- Alexander Sirin – acoustician , member of the S-31 submarine crew.
- Igor Komarov – Admiral, Commander of the Fleet.
- Viktor Terekhov – Chief of Staff.
- Gennady Sayfulin – Malyshev, political commander, crew member of the S-31 submarine.
- Vladas Bagdonas – Pramm.
- Margus Tuuling – Ahrens.
- Uldis Lieldij – Dönitz.
- Vladimir Pobol – Hitler.
- Ramunas Abukevicius – Paul.
- Aurimas Babkauskas – Stahlbach.
- Based on real historical events that took place on 30 January 1945 in the Baltic port of Gotenhafen near the city of Danzig , when the diesel-electric torpedo submarine “S-13” of the Red Banner Baltic Fleet (KBF) of the USSR Navy under the command of 3rd rank captain Alexander Ivanovich Marinesko with four torpedoes she attacked and sank the liner “Wilhelm Gustloff” of the navy of Nazi Germany .
- Dedicated to the 40th anniversary of the Victory of the Red Army and the Soviet people over Nazi Germany in the Great Patriotic War (1941-1945).
Production & Filming Details
- Vasile Brescanu.
- Aleksandr Moldavsky.
- Valeri Loginov.
- Ivan Pozdnyakov.
- Moldova Film.
- Release Date: December 1985.
- Rating: 13+.
- Running Time: 75 minutes.
- Country: USSR.
- Language: Russian.