Forged in Fire is an American competition series that airs on the History Channel, and is produced by Outpost Entertainment, a Leftfield Entertainment company.
History ordered an initial eight episodes of the series with the first programme premiering on Monday 22 June 2015, at 10.00 pm (US Eastern Time), and ending on 10 August 2010.
It’s an episode of epic proportions as Forged in Fire marks its 200th competition. And to celebrate this milestone, we’re turning complete control over to the people who got us here – our fans. All the challenges, the weapons and the tests were voted on by you. Which smith will rise to this momentous occasion and leave the forge with $10,000 as the champion of our 200th competition?
- Round 1: The contestants must craft a kukri, which was decided by the fans’ high 41% vote. Non-winning weapon options included a karambit and tomahawk. The kukri unveiled and showcased for the round was handcrafted by the season 1, episode 1 champion, Matthew Parkinson. Fans also voted 69% for a 200-layer Damascus. (“Salvaging steel from a dump truck” and “salvaging steel from heavy machinery & equipment” were the other material options.) Since Jimmy and Chris each forge exactly 200-layer Damascus blades per the fans’ vote-winning parameter, both smiths get 30 minutes added to their times for Round 2.
- Round 2: Utilising the 200th episode theme, fans voted 50% for a 3-pin mosaic with the numbers 2-0-0 within the 3 pins, respectively, and designed into their handles. The non-winning challenges were “Etch ‘200’ into blade” and “Salvage material from strength tests”. In the testing portion of the round, fans voted 38% for the “Ice Block Chop” strength test. A “Rope Slice” with flaming rope was requested for the sharpness test.
- Round 3: Bladesmiths are tasked with crafting a Darb Sri Gun Chai (45% fan vote) in 4 days. Other choices included the spadroon and hunga munga. In honour of the “KEAL” test, two of the judges’ favourite ballistic gel dummies – Medusa and Dummy of the North – are slashed and beheaded. Next, a strength test incorporated the fan favourite “Skull Chop” with 6 animal skulls. Last, but not least, the blades were evaluated against a “Multiple Target Slice” sharpness test consisting of ballistics tubes, sand-filled tubes, watermelons, and plastic water-filled jugs.
Forged in Fire Series
You can find a full index and overview of Forged in Fire here.
You can find a full index and overview of Forged in Fire Season 08 here.
Production & Filming Details
- Release Date: 05 January 2022.
- Running Time: 42 minutes (per episode).
- Rating: TV-PG.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.