Métal Hurlant Chronicles is an English-language Franco-Belgian television science fiction anthology series based on the popular comics anthology magazine Métal Hurlant, known in the United States as Heavy Metal.
Each episode is a self-contained story taking place on a different planet with a different cast, and the episodes are linked together only by the idea that an asteroid, the “Métal Hurlant”, passes the planet in question during the events of the story.
- Starring: Guy Amram, David Belle, Jean-Yves Berteloot, Cyrille Diabaté, Patrice Delmont & Jean-Michel Martial.
- Based on: “Red Light” by Geoff Johns & Christian Gossett and “Cold Hard Facts” by R.A. Jones & Matt Cossin from Métal Hurlant №141, and (Vol.2) No. 2 (“Red Light”), and (Vol.2) No. 8 (“Cold Hard Facts”), and (hardcover) No. 1 (both).
- Plot: In the first story, a fortified prison is controlled by strange creatures and has one prisoner that will do anything to escape. In the second story, Earth in 2312 is filled with 57 billion people. Scientists discover one more person, frozen from the 20th century.
Metal Hurlant Chronicles Series
You can find a full index and overview of Metal Hurlant Chronicles here.
Production & Filming Details
- Release Date: 27 October 2012.
- Rating: 15.
- Running Time: 26 minutes.
- Country: France and Belgium.
- Language: English and French.