Adiós, Sabata (Italian: Indio Black, sai che ti dico: Sei un gran figlio di… (original title), lit. “Indio Black, you know what I’m going to tell you… You’re a big son of a…”) is a 1970 Italian Spaghetti Western film directed by Gianfranco Parolini.
It is the second film in The Sabata Trilogy by Parolini. Yul Brynner takes over the lead role from Lee Van Cleef, who stars in the first and third films.
Set in Mexico under the rule of Emperor Maximilian I, Sabata is hired by the guerrilla leader Señor Ocaño to steal a wagonload of gold from the Austrian army. However, when Sabata and his partners Escudo and Ballantine obtain the wagon, they find it is not full of gold but of sand, and that the gold was taken by Austrian Colonel Skimmel. So Sabata plans to steal back the gold.
- Yul Brynner as Sabata/Indio Black.
- Dean Reed as Ballantine.
- Ignazio Spalla as Escudo.
- Gérard Herter as Colonel Skimmel.
- Sal Borgese as Septiembre.
- Franco Fantasia as Señor Ocaño.
- Turam Quibo (as Joseph P. Persaud) as Gitano.
- Andrea Scotti as José.
- Nieves Navarro (as Susan Scott) as Saloon Dancer.
- Gianni Rizzo as Folgen.
- Salvatore Billa as Manuel.
- Massimo Carocci as Juan de los Ángeles.
- Omar Bonaro as Jesus.
- Luciano Casamonica as Juanito.
- Vittorio Fanfoni as barman.
- Bruno Corazzari as Hertz.
Production & Filming Details
- Gianfranco Parolini … (as Frank Kramer).
- Alberto Grimaldi … producer.
- Renato Izzo … (story and screenplay).
- Gianfranco Parolini … (story and screenplay).
- Bruno Nicolai.
- Sandro Mancori … director of photography.
- Gianfranco Parolini (uncredited).
- Produzioni Europee Associate (PEA) (produced for) (as PEA – Produzioni Europee Associati – Rome).
- Produzioni Europee Associate (PEA) (1970) (Italy) (theatrical) (dubbed) (as Produzioni Europee Associati (PEA)).
- C.B. Films S.A. (1971) (Spain) (theatrical).
- Les Artistes Associés (1971) (France) (theatrical).
- United Artists (1971) (USA) (theatrical) (dubbed) (as ‘Adios Sabata’).
- United Artists (1971) (UK) (theatrical) (dubbed).
- United Artists (1972) (Sweden) (theatrical).
- United Artists (1972) (Argentina) (theatrical) (as Artistas Unidos).
- Rank Filmes de Portugal (1973) (Portugal) (theatrical).
- Audio Visual Enterprises (1988) (Greece) (VHS).
- MGM Home Entertainment (2005) (Germany) (DVD).
- 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment (2007) (USA) (DVD).
- Explosive-Media (2015) (Germany) (Blu-ray) (as ‘Adios Sabata’).
- Explosive-Media (2015) (Germany) (DVD).
- Kino Lorber (2017) (USA) (Blu-ray) (DVD).
- Eureka Entertainment (2021) (UK) (Blu-ray).
- Release Date: 30 September 1970 (Italy).
- Rating: A.
- Running Time: 111 minutes.
- Country: Italy.
- Language: English.