At the peak of the Cold War, the short-range missile crisis, neutron bombs could have potentially annihilated Central Europe.
At the peak of the Cold War, the short-range missile crisis, neutron bombs could have potentially annihilated Central Europe. 300,000 protesters in Bonn. German Chancellor Schmidt resigns. Why make a film collage about war? “Nothing is more discouraging than not being able to see through a game on which your life hinges.”
Production & Filming Details
- Directors: Stefan Aust, Axel Engstfeld, Alexander Kluge, and Volker Schlondorff.
- Writers: Stefan Aust, Heinrich Boll, Axel Engstfeld, Alexander Kluge, and Volker Scholndorff.
- Production: Bioskop Film, Kairos-Film, Pro-ject Filmproduktion, Filmverlag der Autoren, Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen (ZDF), and Filmförderungsanstalt (FFA) (support).
- Distributors: Filmverlag der Autoren (1983) (West Germany) (theatrical), Edition Filmmuseum (2007) (Germany) (DVD), and TeleCulture (USA) (all media) (subtitled).
- Release Date: 29 October 1982 (West Germany), 03 December 1982 (US).
- Running time: 123 minutes
- Country: West Germany.
- Language: German.