Horrible Histories: The Movie – Rotten Romans is a 2019 British comedy film based on the best selling Horrible Histories stories by author Terry Deary and the 2009 and 2015 television series on CBBC.
Atti, a Roman teenager with brains but no muscle, is always coming up with schemes, but one of these upsets Emperor Nero. For his punishment, he is sent to cold wet Britain on the fringe of the Roman Empire.
Whilst in Britain, he is captured by Orla, a feisty Celt, but they eventually come to an understanding, but to Atti’s horror, when he is returned to his regiment, he finds himself pitted against Orla and her tribe at the Battle of Watling Street.
- The rights to a film were optioned from the Horrible Histories author, Terry Deary.
- The project was filmed in Bulgaria and in the United Kingdom.
Production & Filming Details
- Director: Dominic Brigstocke.
- Writers: Jessica Swale, Giles Pilbrow, and Caroline Norris.
- Production: Altitude Film Entertainment, CBBC, BBC Films, and Citrus Films.
- Distributor: Altitude Film Distribution.
- Release Date: 26 July 2019 (UK).
- Running Time: 92 Minutes.
- Country: UK.
- Language: English.