Wings of Eagles – also known as On Wings of Eagles and Wings of Freedom – is a 2016 drama film.
China, 1937. Its World War II. The true story of Eric Liddell (Joseph Finnes), a Canadian prisoner of war who was captured and kept hostage at a Japanese internment camp.
Eric Liddell may have won gold for the United Kingdom and possessed a lilting Highland brogue, but he was born in China and lived more than half his life there evangelising and teaching.
On Wings of Eagles is everything you ever wanted to know about what happened to Liddell – who famously refused to run an Olympic race on a Sunday to honour God – after the 1924 Olympics when he returned to China, the home of his heart.
But Eric’s beloved homeland is about to be occupied by Imperial Japan.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Stephen Shin and Michael Parker.
- Producer(s): Stephen Shin, Mark Bacino, Jim Green, and Stephen Lam.
- Writer(s): Stephen Shin, Michael Parker, Rubby Xu, and Christopher C. Chan.
- Music: Scott Greer.
- Cinematography: Siu-Keung Cheng.
- Editor(s): Peter Svab.
- Production: Goodland Pictures, Innowave Limited, and BondIt Media Capital.
- Distributor(s): Archstone Distribution, Broadmedia Studios, Womy Film Production, Koch Media, and Signature Entertainment.
- Release Date: 12 June 2016 (Hong Kong – Premiere).
- Running Time: 108 minutes.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.