Summer of ’67 is a 2018 romance film set during the backdrop of the Vietnam War.
Based on real life events, Summer of ’67 brings to life the turbulent times of the sixties and the struggles faced by the men and women impacted by the Vietnam War. Young wife and mother Milly (Rachel Schrey) is forced to live with her mother-in-law while her husband Gerald (Cameron Gilliam) is away on the USS Forrestal.
Kate (Bethany Davenport) must choose between Peter (Christopher Dalton) her high school sweetheart and Van (Sam Brooks) her new hippie boyfriend. Ruby Mae (Sharonne Lanier) finally finds true love with Reggie (Jerrold Edwards) only to have him whisked away by the draft. Each woman faces the question of whether or not their man will return, and even if he does, will life as they know it ever be the same?
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Sharon Wilharm.
- Producer(s): Fred Wilharm and Sharon Wilharm.
- Writer(s): Sharon Wilharm.
- Music: Fred Wilharm.
- Cinematography: Fred Wilharm.
- Editor(s): Fred Wilharm.
- Production: Mainstreet Productions.
- Distributor(s): Indie Rights.
- Release Date: 29 June 2018 (US).
- Running Time: 83 minutes.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.