Follows the actions of Section 20, a secretive unit of British military intelligence. A team of special operations personnel conduct several high risk missions across the globe.
Strike Back is a British/American action-adventure/spy-drama television series based on a novel of the same name by novelist and former Special Air Service (SAS) soldier Chris Ryan.
The series follows the actions of Section 20, a secretive branch of the British Defence Intelligence service (DI), who operate several high risk, priority missions throughout the globe.
- After a second series was commissioned, it was announced that Cinemax would co-produce the franchise.
- It was announced that the fifth series was to be the final series for the show.
- However, on 08 December 2016, Cinemax and Sky announced they would revive the show for a sixth series, then (later) a seventh series.
- The show was renewed for an eighth and final series which premiered in February 2020.
Strike Back Series
- Series 01: Strike Back (2010).
- Also known as Chris Ryan’s Strike Back and Strike Back: Origins.
- Series 02: Strike Back: Project Dawn (2011).
- Series 03: Strike Back: Vengeance (2012).
- Series 04: Strike Back: Shadow Warfare (2013).
- Series 05: Strike Back: Legacy (2015).
- Series 06: Strike Back: Retribution (2017).
- Series 07: Strike Back: Silent War (UK) (2019).
- Known as Strike Back: Revolution in the US.
- Series 08: Strike Back: Vendetta (2020).
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Michael J. Bassett, Bill Eagles, Edward Hall, Alex Holmes, Daniel Percival, Julian Holmes, Paul Wilmshurst, Brendan Maher, Mark Everest, Steve Shill, Steven Metcalfe, Debs Paterson, and Stephen Woolfenden.
- Producer(s): Andy Harries, Huw Kennair-Jones, Daniel Percival, Elaine Pyke, Tony Saint, Frank Spotnitz, Sue De Beauvoir, Andrew Benson, Michael Casey, Chris Clough, Trevor Hopkins, Bill Shepard, and Chris Thompson.
- Writer(s): Simon Burke, James Dormer, Jed Mercurio, Robert Murphy, Tony Saint, John Simpson, Frank Spotnitz, Alan Whiting, and Richard Zajdlic.
- Music: Scott Shields, Ilan Eshkeri, and Paul Sanderson.
- Cinematography: Mike Spragg, Jean-Philippe Gossart, Steve Lawes, Tim Palmer, Kieran McGuigan, Damian Bromley, Shane Daly, Michael Snyman, James Welland, Graham Frake, and Michael Wood.
- Editor(s): Adams Trotman, Yan Miles, John Richards, Tim Murrell, Andrew MacRitchie, Jason Krasucki, Xavier Russell, Jason Savage, Crispin Green, Iain Erskine, Lois Bygrave, Guy Bensley, Simon Brasse, Adam Green, Pai Di Ciaula, Steve Singleton, Mick Arthurs, David Head, Steven Worsley, Tim Marchant, Mark Thornton, Gavin Buckley, Mike Phillips, David Barrett, Ian Davies, and Paul Endacott.
- Production: Left Bank Pictures.
- Distributor(s): BSkyB, BBC Worldwide (UK), and HBO (US).
- Original Network: Sky One (UK) and Cinemax (US).
- Release Date: 05 May 2010 to 2020.
- Running Time: 42-48 minutes.
- Country: UK and US.
- Language: English.