War Games: At the End of the Day is a 2011 independent thriller film directed by Cosimo Alemà, who co-wrote it with Daniele Persica and Romana Meggiolaro.
The film is claimed to be inspired by real events that took place in 05 June 1992.
Seven friends travel to the countryside to play war in the woods when they stumble upon three paranoid and sadistic ex-soldiers.
The film follows an adventure seeking group of friends who visit a National Park to spend the day playing Airsoft. However, after discovering a building filled with dark secrets they are hunted down one by one, by the building’s vicious occupants: three ex soldiers intent on keeping them from telling anyone. Their war game is turned into a reality, where they will be forced to fight for their survival.
- Stephanie Chapman Baker as Lara.
- Neil Linpow as Riko.
- Michael Lutz as Unkle.
- Valene Kane as Monika.
- Sam Cohan as Alex.
- Andrew Harwood Mills as Chino.
- Tom Stanley as Thomas.
- Monika Mirga as Diana.
- Daniel Vivian as Vinny.
- Michael Schermi as Raw.
- Filming began in August 2009 and in Bracciano, Italy.
- The film attracted strong reviews during its theatrical release and has screened at festivals including Cannes Film Festival, Berlin film festival, Fantafest, Courmayeur Noir in festival, Fantasy FilmFest, Sitges Film Festival and Raindance.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Cosimo Alema.
- Producer(s): Andrea Biscaro, Fulvio Compagnucci, Lorenzo Foschi, Luca Legnani, Davide Luchetti, Daniele Persica, and Alan Vele.
- Writer(s): Cosimo Alema, Romana Meggiolaro, and Daniele Persica.
- Music: Anja Plaschg and Nico Vascellari.
- Cinematography: Marco Bassano.
- Editor(s): Alessio Borgonuovo.
- Production: The Mob, T.M. 2005 (in collaboration with), Frame by Frame (in collaboration with), BMovies (in collaboration with), and Bmovie Production.
- Distributor(s): Cinemavault, Bolero Film, Nikkatsu, New KSM, Paramount Home Entertainment, and Universal Pictures.
- Release Date: 03 June 2011 (Japan) and 22 July 2011 (Italy).
- Running time: 93 minutes.
- Country: Italy.
- Language: English.