We Fight to Be Free is a 2006 short biographical film about George Washington directed by Kees Van Oostrum and starring Sebastian Roché, Caroline Goodall, Stephen Lang and Peter Woodward.
The film features the story of American Revolutionary war hero and first United States president, George Washington, including his military achievements and pivotal moments in his life.
The film sheds new light on old hero by portraying him as kind and brave man who changed the history of the world.
- Sebastian Roché as George Washington.
- Caroline Goodall as Martha Dandridge Custis.
- Stephen Lang as James Craik.
- Peter Woodward as Edward Braddock.
- Nearly 16 hours of film was shot for the project.
- Produced for and shown at the Education Centre at George Washington’s historic Mount Vernon Estate in Alexandria, Virginia.
- George Washington (1984) (miniseries).
- George Washington II: The Forging of a Nation (1986) (miniseries).
- The Crossing (2000) (Film).
- We Fight To Be Free (2006) (Film).
- Washington (2020) (documentary series).
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Kees Van Oostrum.
- Producer(s): Olga Arana, Rick Brookwell, Kasper Graversen, Craig Haffner, Seth Isler, Lynn Kramer, and Jose C. Mangual.
- Writer(s): Lionel Chetwynd.
- Music: Trevor Jones.
- Cinematography: Kees Van Oostrum.
- Editor(s): Victor Du Bois.
- Production: Greystone Communications and Greystone Films Inc.
- Distributor(s): Mount Vernon.
- Release Date: 27 October 2006.
- Running time: 24 minutes.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.