Star Wars: Droids – The Adventures of R2-D2 and C-3PO is a 1985 animated television series spin off from the original Star Wars trilogy.
It focuses on the exploits of droids R2-D2 and C-3PO between the events of Revenge of the Sith (2005) and A New Hope (1977).
After C-3PO lets the hyperdrive of Kea’s starship float away into space, he, R2-D2, Jord, and Thall stay with Kea and her mother, Demma, on Annoo while trying to secure a new hyperdrive. The droids discover that Kea is a member of the Rebel Alliance. While Jord stays with Demma, Thall, Kea and the droids sneak onto the Fromm gang’s ship in order to infiltrate the secret base on Ingo. There, they capture the Trigon One, a weaponised satellite created by the Fromm gang to take over the galactic quadrant.
Star Wars: The Droids Series
You can find a full index and outline of Star Wars: Droids here.
- Overview of the Star Wars Franchise.
- Overview of Star Wars Films.
- Overview of Star Wars Parodies.
- Overview of Star Wars TV Series.
- Overview of Star Wars Documentary Series.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Ken Stephenson and Raymond Jafelice.
- Writer(s): Peter Sauder.
- Release Date: 14 September 1985.
- Running time: 22 minutes (per episode, approximate).
- Country: US.
- Language: English.