Star Wars: Droids – The Adventures of R2-D2 and C-3PO is a 1985 animated television series spin off from the original Star Wars trilogy.
It focuses on the exploits of droids R2-D2 and C-3PO between the events of Revenge of the Sith (2005) and A New Hope (1977).
The team goes to Boonta to take part in a speeder race, but is pursued by the Fromm gang and forced to crash land. Sise hires Boba Fett to help exact his revenge, despite Jabba the Hutt having placed a bounty on the crimelord. Tig plants a thermal detonator on the White Witch, and Fett chases Thall into the race. In the melee, the explosive is used to destroy Fett’s speeder. The despondent bounty hunter rounds up the Fromms to take to Jabba. Thall, Jord and Kea are offered careers with a speeder corporation, but refuse when they realise that R2-D2 and C-3PO would have to be reprogrammed. The droids leave their masters so they can take the job.
Star Wars: The Droids Series
You can find a full index and outline of Star Wars: Droids here.
- Overview of the Star Wars Franchise.
- Overview of Star Wars Films.
- Overview of Star Wars Parodies.
- Overview of Star Wars TV Series.
- Overview of Star Wars Documentary Series.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Ken Stephenson and Raymond Jafelice.
- Writer(s): Peter Sauder and Steven Wright.
- Release Date: 28 September 1985.
- Running time: 22 minutes (per episode, approximate).
- Country: US.
- Language: English.