Star Wars: Droids – The Adventures of R2-D2 and C-3PO is a 1985 animated television series spin off from the original Star Wars trilogy.
It focuses on the exploits of droids R2-D2 and C-3PO between the events of Revenge of the Sith (2005) and A New Hope (1977).
The droids, Jann, Mon Julpa, and Sollag, along with freighter pilot Jessica Meade, travel to Tammuz-an to thwart Ko Zatec-Cha, an evil vizier with ambitions to seize the throne of the planet Tammuz-an. To achieve his sinister plans, Zatec-Cha hires bounty hunter IG-88 to capture Mon Julpa and his royal sceptre, but the heroes manage to recover it, and Mon Julpa is made king of Tammuz-an.
Star Wars: The Droids Series
You can find a full index and outline of Star Wars: Droids here.
- Overview of the Star Wars Franchise.
- Overview of Star Wars Films.
- Overview of Star Wars Parodies.
- Overview of Star Wars TV Series.
- Overview of Star Wars Documentary Series.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Ken Stephenson and Raymond Jafelice.
- Writer(s): Peter Sauder.
- Release Date: 12 October 1985.
- Running time: 22 minutes (per episode, approximate).
- Country: US.
- Language: English.