A 2001 behind-the-scenes documentary on the making of “Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace“.
Also known as The Beginning: Making ‘Episode I’ (original title) and The Beginning: Making Star Wars Episode I (US alternative title).
The Beginning is a documentary on the making of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, originally produced for the film’s DVD release. It covers the entire production of The Phantom Menace, from pre-production to casting to visual effects, editing, and theatrical release
Star Wars Series
- Overview of the Star Wars Franchise.
- Overview of Star Wars Films.
- Overview of Star Wars Parodies.
- Overview of Star Wars TV Series.
- Overview of Star Wars Documentary Series.
- Overview of LEGO Star Wars.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Jon Shenk.
- Editor(s): Josh Peterson.
- Production: Lucasfilm.
- Distributor(s): 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment.
- Release Date: 2001.
- Running Time: 66 minutes.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.