A 2002 behind-the-scenes documentary on the visual special effects in “Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones“.
Also known as From Puppets to Pixels: Digital Characters in ‘Episode II’ (original title) and From Puppets to Pixels: Digital Characters in Star Wars Episode II (US alternative title).
For Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002), there were to be many more visual effects than in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace (1999).
This documentary shows many VFX meetings between George Lucas and ILM.
Many of these meetings focus around the creation of a completely digital Yoda, used for the first time in the Star Wars films.
- This documentary is featured on the 2-Disc DVD for Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002).
- In Rambo: First Blood (1982), the all action Yoda is compared to Rambo.
Star Wars Series
- Overview of the Star Wars Franchise.
- Overview of Star Wars Films.
- Overview of Star Wars Parodies.
- Overview of Star Wars TV Series.
- Overview of Star Wars Documentary Series.
- Overview of LEGO Star Wars.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Jon Shenk.
- Producer(s): Mary Beth Bresolin and Jon Shenk.
- Editor(s): Josh Peterson.
- Production: Lucasfilm.
- Distributor(s): 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment.
- Release Date: 12 November 2002.
- Running Time: 52 minutes.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.