A 2012 documentary revealing the true history and fighting skills of the infamous ninja warriors of Japan, featuring an interview with one of the last surviving ninja masters.
This documentary unearths the true history, unique military skills and ancient traditions behind the infamous Ninja. The drama documentary tells the intriguing story of Ninja Tanba who was trained by his grandfather to become one of the most feared warriors in ancient Japan. Also featuring one of the last (if not only) surviving Ninja masters.
Production & Filming Details
- Narrator(s): Demetri Goritsas.
- Director(s): John Wate.
- Producer(s): Chris Fletcher, Shigeru Inoue, Richard Melman, Sebastian Peiter, Victoria Turnbull, and Kana Wakabayashi.
- Writer(s): Sebastian Peiter and John Wate.
- Music: Jan Tilman Schade.
- Cinematography: Hiromichi Nakataniand Robin Probyn.
- Editor(s): Paul Jagger.
- Production: MEDIA Programme of the European Union (supported by), Smithsonian Channel (co-production), The Japan Foundation (supported by), Urban Canyons, and ZDF/Arte (co-production).
- Distributor(s): National Geographic Television International (non-US).
- Release Date: 05 March 2012.
- Running Time: 48 minutes.
- Rating: Unknown.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.