The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles is an American television series that aired on ABC from 04 March 1992 to 24 July 1993.
Filming took place in various locations around the world, with “Old Indy” bookend segments filmed in Wilmington, North Carolina and on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Wilmington.
The series was an Amblin Television/Lucasfilm production in association with Paramount Network Television.
The series explores the childhood and youth of the fictional character Indiana Jones and primarily stars Sean Patrick Flanery and Corey Carrier as the title character, with George Hall playing an elderly version of Jones for the bookends of most episodes, though Harrison Ford bookended one episode.
Season Two began on 21 September 1992 with the episode “Austria, March 1917”, and the seventeen subsequent episodes consisted of both new episodes and some episodes originally produced for the first season – each an hour long.
Harrison Ford made a guest appearance in the feature-length episode Young Indiana Jones and the Mystery of the Blues.
When the show was cancelled, four episodes remained unaired: “Florence, May 1908,” “Prague, August 1917,” “Palestine, October 1917,” and “Transylvania, January 1918.”
In Australia, “Somme, Early August 1916” and “Germany, Mid-August 1916” originally aired as a two-hour television movie entitled Young Indiana Jones and the Great Escape.
Indiana Jones Series
You can find a full index and overview of the Indiana Jones franchise here.
You can find a full index and overview of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles here.
- Episode 01: Austria, 1917.
- Episode 02: Somme, Early August 1916.
- Episode 03: Germany, Mid-August 1916.
- Episode 04: Barcelona, May 1917.
- Episode 05: Young Indiana Jones and the Mystery of the Blues.
- Episode 06: Princeton, February 1916.
- Episode 07: Petrograd, July 1917.
- Episode 08: Young Indiana Jones and the Scandal of 1920.
- Episode 09: Vienna, November 1908.
- Episode 10: Northern Italy, June 1918.
- Episode 11: Young Indiana Jones and the Phantom Train of Doom.
- Episode 12: Ireland, April 1916.
- Episode 13: Paris, September 1908.
- Episode 14: Peking, March 1910.
- Episode 15: Benares, January 1910.
- Episode 16: Paris, October 1916.
- Episode 17: Istanbul, September 1918.
- Episode 18: Paris, May 1919.
- Episode 19: Florence, May 1908.
- Episode 20: Prague, August 1917.
- Episode 21: Palestine, October 1917.
- Episode 22: Transylvania, Janaury 1918.
Production & Filming Details
- Narrator(s): George Hall.
- Release Date: 21 September 1992 to 24 July 1993.
- Running Time: 60 minutes.
- Rating: TV-G.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.