A 2019 documentary about the thousands of Burmese men who fought in World War Two.
In the darkest hours of World War 2, thousands of men from Burma gave their lives fighting a brutal war for Britain against the Japanese, and to carry out the most successful guerrilla campaign of the war. But after the Allied victory, Burma sank into isolation, dictatorship and civil war, and Britain forgot the bravery of these men. Now only a handful of veterans remain – will they get the recognition they deserve before it’s too late? One determined band of Brits are in a battle against time to make sure they do.
Production & Filming Details
- Narrator(s): Alex Bescoby.
- Director(s): Alex Bescoby and Maxwell Jones.
- Producer(s): Alex Bescoby and Luke Radcliff.
- Writer(s): Alex Bescoby.
- Cinematography: Maxwell Jones and Luke Radcliff.
- Editor(s): Dominic Stabb.
- Production: Grammar Productions.
- Distributor(s): History Channel and TVF International.
- Release Date: 27 September 2019.
- Running Time: 46 minutes.
- Rating: Unknown.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.