Invasion of the Pod People (released in some countries as Invasion: The Beginning) is a 2007 science-fiction film produced by The Asylum.
Like several other films by The Asylum, Invasion of the Pod People is a mockbuster whose release coincided with the premiere of The Invasion (2007), although the plot of Pod People borrowed heavily from the 1956 film Invasion of the Body Snatchers, of which The Invasion is a reworking.
The Body Snatchers TV series and film collection.
The film is about Melissa (Erica Roby), a young woman living in Los Angeles, who works for a large corporation.
One night, there is a freak meteor shower. The next morning, Melissa goes about her day but as time passes, slowly becomes aware that those around her have changed since the meteorites fell. It is as if their minds are no longer their own. For example, Melissa’s supervisor Samantha seduces her into a passionate lesbian encounter, even though Samantha had never shown any signs of being a lesbian.
Melissa soon realises that the townsfolk have been replaced by a race of aliens known as Pod People. The aliens grow in large seed pods and gradually take the form of a particular person, eventually taking over their bodies once the growth process is complete. The Pod People try to take control of Melissa, but she flees the town to warn humanity of the invasion in progress.
- Erica Roby – Melissa.
- Jessica Bork – Samantha.
- Sarah Lieving – Louise.
- Danae Nason – Billie.
- Shaley Scott – Taylor.
- Michael Tower – Vickland.
- David Shick – Andrew.
- Amanda Ward – Casey.
- Marat Glazer – Det. Pete Alexander.
- Lorraine Smith – Bailey.
- Leigh Scott – Zach.
- Elliot Salter – Pawnbroker.
- Justin Jones – James.
- Nat Magnuson – Photographer.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Justin Jones.
- Producer(s): David Michael Lett, David Rimawi, and Paul Bales.
- Writer(s): Ron Magid, Jay Marks, and Leigh Scott.
- Music: Chris Ridenhour.
- Cinematography: Bianca Bahena and Leigh Scott.
- Editor(s): Kristen Quintrall.
- Production: The Asylum.
- Distributor(s): The Asylum.
- Release Date: 24 July 2007 (US, DVD).
- Running Time: 90 minutes.
- Rating: R/15.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.