Invasion is an American science fiction television series that aired on ABC for one season beginning in 21 September 2005.
The Body Snatchers TV series and film collection.
Somewhat similar to Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956), the show told the story of the aftermath of a hurricane in which water-based creatures infiltrate a small Florida town and begin to take over the bodies of the town’s inhabitants through a cloning process (by first merging with then replacing them).
- William Fichtner as Sheriff Tom Underlay.
- Eddie Cibrian as Russell Varon.
- Kari Matchett as Dr. Mariel Underlay.
- Lisa Sheridan as Larkin Groves.
- Tyler Labine as Dave Groves.
- Alexis Dziena as Kira Underlay.
- Evan Peters as Jesse Varon.
- Nathan Baesel as Lewis Sirk (recurring guest star).
- David Huynh as Sun Kim (recurring guest star).
- Ariel Gade as Rose Varon.
- Aisha Hinds as Mona Gomez.
- Edwin Hodge as Brett.
- James Frain as Eli Szura (recurring guest star).
- Elisabeth Moss as Christina (recurring guest star).
Invasion features an orchestral score performed by the Hollywood Studio Symphony Orchestra and composed by Jon Ehrlich and Jason Derlatka, incorporating many recurring themes and dramatic melodies. Their music was well received. The soundtrack of the show became available on 21 October 2008 at moviescoremedia.com. The album features more than 60 minutes of carefully selected tracks from the series.
Invasion received mostly positive critical reception.
The series premiered on ABC on 21 September 2005, and aired for one season. The series included twenty-two episodes, which aired Wednesday evening at 10:00 pm. After the show’s cancellation there were reports of a possible move to The CW, however, a deal never came to fruition. The final episode aired on 17 May 2006. On 22 August 2006, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment released the complete first season as a six-disc DVD box set.
In the UK, the show premiered as a double bill on Channel 4, with the third episode shown shortly afterwards on 4’s digital sister channel E4. In Bulgaria, Invasion premiered on 21 February 2007, on Nova Television and in Romania it premiered on 10 March 2009, on Pro Cinema movie channel. In Australia, the series premiered on the Nine Network in March 2006.
According to Nielsen ratings, the series premiere garnered 17 million viewers airing after Lost. By the 30 November 2005 episode, the show was only garnering 10 million viewers.
For the episodes shown on 11, 18 and 25 January, the Nielsen Ratings only reached 9.7 million, 9 million and 9.3 million, respectively. It had lost nearly half of the first episode’s audience, far behind CBS’s CSI: NY, which had 13.7 million, 15.5 million and 14.9 million, for the same period. The show was then put on hiatus for the second time, during which time it was replaced with police drama The Evidence.
- Due to Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and the aftermath in the southern United States, early on-air promotions were quickly pulled by ABC.
- The advertising then switched emphasis completely to the alien invasion aspect of the series, while the hurricane received no mention.
- The premiere was also preceded with a warning that the show featured images of a fictional hurricane to which viewers could be sensitive.
- The show was originally conceived for 5 seasons.
- Episode 01: Pilot.
- Episode 02: Lights Out.
- Episode 03: Watershed.
- Episode 04: Alpha Male.
- Episode 05: Unnatural Selection.
- Episode 06: The Hunt.
- Episode 07: Fish Story.
- Episode 08: The Cradle.
- Episode 09: The Dredge.
- Episode 10: Origin of Species.
- Episode 11: Us or Them.
- Episode 12: Power.
- Episode 13: Redemption.
- Episode 14: All God’s Creatures.
- Episode 15: The Nest.
- Episode 16: The Fittest.
- Episode 17: The Key.
- Episode 18: Re-Evolution.
- Episode 19: The Son Also Rises.
- Episode 20: Run and Gun.
- Episode 21: Round Up.
- Episode 22: The Last Wave Goodbye.
Production & Filming Details
- Creator(s): Shaun Cassidy.
- Lawrence Trilling … (6 episodes, 2005-2006).
- Sergio Mimica-Gezzan … (2 episodes, 2005-2006).
- Steve Shill … (2 episodes, 2005-2006).
- Thomas Schlamme … (2 episodes, 2005).
- Ernest R. Dickerson … (1 episode, 2005)
- Michael Dinner … (1 episode, 2005).
- Rod Holcomb … (1 episode, 2005).
- Michael Nankin … (1 episode, 2005).
- Bill Eagles … (1 episode, 2006).
- Eric Laneuville … (1 episode, 2006).
- Bryan Spicer … (1 episode, 2006).
- J. Miller Tobin … (1 episode, 2006).
- Frederick E.O. Toye … (1 episode, 2006).
- Harry Winer … (1 episode, 2006).
- Neal Ahern Jr. … line producer (22 episodes, 2005-2006).
- Shaun Cassidy … executive producer (22 episodes, 2005-2006).
- Timothy Marx … producer (21 episodes, 2005-2006).
- Lawrence Trilling … co-executive producer (21 episodes, 2005-2006).
- Juan Carlos Coto … consulting producer (13 episodes, 2005-2006).
- Becky Hartman Edwards … co-executive producer (13 episodes, 2005-2006).
- Joe Lazarov … producer (10 episodes, 2006).
- Jonathan C. Brody … associate producer (8 episodes, 2005-2006).
- Nne Ebong … associate producer (7 episodes, 2005-2006).
- Reed Steiner … consulting producer (6 episodes, 2005-2006).
- Michael Berns … co-executive producer (1 episode, 2005).
- Thomas Schlamme … executive producer (1 episode, 2005).
- Robert D. Simon … producer (1 episode, 2005).
- Charles Grant Craig … consulting producer (1 episode, 2006).
- Shaun Cassidy … (creator) (16 episodes, 2005-2006).
- Juan Carlos Coto … (5 episodes, 2005-2006).
- Michael Alaimo … (4 episodes, 2005-2006).
- Becky Hartman Edwards … (3 episodes, 2005-2006).
- Julie Siege … (3 episodes, 2005-2006).
- Michael Foley … (3 episodes, 2006).
- Reed Steiner … (2 episodes, 2005-2006).
- Charles Grant Craig … (2 episodes, 2006).
- Michael Berns … (1 episode, 2005).
- Jill E. Blotevogel … (1 episode, 2005).
- Music: Jon Ehrlich and Jason Derlakta.
- Cinematography: Jeffrey Jur and Michael Goi (1 episode).
- Timothy A. Good … (7 episodes, 2005-2006).
- Rob Seidenglanz … (7 episodes, 2005-2006).
- Kristin Windell … (7 episodes, 2005-2006).
- Matthew Colonna … (1 episode, 2006).
- David Grecu … (1 episode, 2006).
- Production: Warner Bros. Television and Shaun Cassidy Productions.
- American Broadcasting Company (ABC) (2005-2006) (USA) (TV) (original airing).
- AXN (2006) (Japan) (TV).
- Channel 4 Television Corporation (2006) (UK) (TV).
- Kanal 2 (2009) (Estonia) (TV).
- RTL Klub Televízió (2006) (Hungary) (TV).
- The Sci-Fi Channel (2009) (USA) (TV).
- Veronica (2006) (Netherlands) (TV).
- Warner Home Video (2007) (Finland) (DVD).
- Warner Home Video (2006) (Netherlands) (DVD) (complete series).
- Release Date: 21 September 2005 to 17 May 2006.
- Running Time: 42 minutes.
- Rating: 15.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.