A few Japanese and American survivors of the 1944 Battle of Peleliu return to this island 60 years later.
United States tank commander Lee Smith and platoon leader Bill Cumbaa return to the island of Peleliu in the Pacific Theatre 60 years after their W.W. II battle to meet former enemies Tsuchida Kiyokazu and Shinji Karasumaru. Now in their 80s, they relive this tragic time, sharing secrets and personal stories. We feel their painful past and learn how time has changed them. In colour and B&W.
Production & Filming Details
- Director(s): Eva Wunderman.
- Patti Poskitt … executive producer.
- Kimberley Wakefield … associate producer.
- Eva Wunderman … producer.
- Writer(s): Eva Wunderman.
- Music: Hand-Erik Philip.
- Cinematography: Todd Craddock.
- Editor(s): Jane Morrison.
- Release Date: 20 August 2013 (Sweden), 02 September 2013 (Australia), 11 November 2013 (US), and 05 December 2013 (Japan, TV Premiere).
- Production: Wunderman Film.
- Distributor(s): NHK BS1 (Japan) and SVT (Sweden).
- Running Time: 55 minutes.
- Rating: PG.
- Country: UK.
- Language: English.