A documentary series featuring all the US military engagements during the period of 1700-2004.
The musket dominated the battlefields as the first official wars in America saw little in weaponry advances. The militia comprised of farmers and the city person would rally together to defend their lifestyles and dwellings proved to be the root cause of their joining together.
- 1702 – Queen Anne’s War (00:02:33). Spanish colonies, especially St. Augustine, would be a strategic point in Queen Anne’s War.
- 1713 – The Treaty of Utrecht (00:02:52). The Treaty of Utrecht ended Queen Anne’s War but would set the stage for the War of Jenkins Ear 30 years later.
- 1739 – War of Jenkins Ear Begins (00:03:22). The War of Jenkins Ear would bring colonial militias into the European Wars and eventually lead to the Founding of America and the United States.
- 1754 – 1763 French and Indian War (00:05:21). The French and Indian War produced American war leaders such as George Washington, and in founding America, led to the American Revolution. Chief Pontiac, an America Indian leader, led Native Americans in a war of independence in the old Northwest and Kentucky against British forces and American colonists.
- 1763 – Pontiac’s War (00:04:03). Chief Pontiac, an America Indian leader, led Native Americans in a war of independence in the old Northwest and Kentucky against British forces and American colonists
- 1770 – Boston Massacre (00:02:37). The Boston Massacre and the Liberty pole riot jump started the American Revolution and helped produce heroes like Paul Revere in the Revolutionary War.
The Complete History of US Wars 1700-2004 Series
You can find a full index and overview of The Complete History of US Wars 1700-2004 here.
Production & Filming Details
- Release Date: 29 November 2004.
- Running Time: 27 minutes (per episode).
- Rating: PG.
- Country: US.
- Language: English.